DAY 63: I {heart} Yoga.

Author: KT /


I love yoga.

I love everything about it.

I love the sound of my mat unrolling.

I love the feel of my bare feet on the ground.

I love wearing my yoga clothes.

I love putting my hair up in funny pigtails.

I love the surroundings.

I love the feeling of Savasana & the burn of Awkward.

I love my yoga friends.

I love the kind of people who love yoga.

I love the energy, the feeling, the compassion.

I love sweaty yoga and flowing yoga.

I love fitness yoga and spiritual yoga.


Although I clearly favor Bikram’s yoga for my personal practice, I am just as happy in Downward Dog as I am in Dandayamana-Janushirasana. I guess you could call me an equal opportunity yogi.


I am saddened by the attitudes of ‘yoga snobs’. You know the type. Their studio, their discipline, their training, their style is the best way. The only way.


In my humble opinion, ALL yoga is perfect yoga.


Let's share the love of yoga with everyone...young and old, rich and poor, in perfect shape or out-of-shape.


Yoga is universal.

Yoga is for everybody and every body.


What the world needs now is yoga sweet yoga

It's the only thing that there's just too little of.

What the world needs now is yoga sweet yoga,

No not just for some but for everyone....

4 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

Yes, I heart yoga too! All of it. Bikram is my favorite though.... :)

Miss Yvonne said...

I really really want to take a yoga class, but I'm fat and out of shape and totally intimidated to try it. I have a really skinny friend who suggested I go with her sometime and I was all "Yea! Okay!" but I never have because I keep envisioning my giant self next to her and I break out in a sweat.

sigh.

thedancingj said...

Miss Yvonne - This yoga was invented FOR YOU! Really! Just find a class and give it a try, and maybe don't stand next to your friend if the comparison stresses you out. At the Bikram yoga studios that I've been to, we have all different shapes and sizes of bodies - old people, young people, fat people, skinny people, couch potatoes, athletes, you name it! Being out of shape isn't a reason to be scared of yoga. That's like being scared to go to the doctor because you're too sick. Don't be scared. :)

Also, if you come to Bikram yoga (which is done in a hot room), EVERYONE will be sweating like crazy, so you'll fit right in and no one will know that you are nervous!

Johan said...

Miss Yvonne, I agree with DancingJ above. Bikram was talking today about how overweight people are the students that have the most to gain from this practice, and also how they are the once that improve the most. Contrary to popular belief yoga isn't (just) for over flexible skinny people. And if you choose to go to a Bikram class I can guarantee almost no one will be looking at you. They'll all be to focused on themselves in the mirror, the super star yogis in the front row and keeping themselves in the room. If someone does notices you chances are they are the people far enough along in their practice that they no longer care that much about the physical appearance.

Post a Comment